Tuesday, May 11, 2010

'Lucky' you say... - Part One

It really bothers me when people tell me that I am "lucky". I hate that word, mainly because the people using the word don't understand what it took to get where I am today and they don't understand that I am STILL with a skin condition. I did not suddenly wake up white one day (you wouldn't believe how many people think this is the case!) The journey has been a long and hard one, and I'd like to share it with you by posting up a photo once a week for the next few weeks for you to witness the transformation from 'black to white' for yourselves. 


     



Here I am less than 2 years old in my homeland of Trinidad... It has been pretty shocking for me to look at these photos as well, as I have not seen some of them for years and it really brings back a lot of memories!


Thanks again for your support and Be Blessed Always

2 comments:

  1. I can imagine the frustration! Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!
    Nikki :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my 5 year old daughter has vit and I am scared with what she may go through. I stay strong for her and am glad that people are coming out and speaking about vit. Hopefully if we can get everyone affected by vitiligo to speak out about it the world can become more knowledgeable and more accepting.

    ReplyDelete