Sunday, May 9, 2010

Important Update

I know, I know, it's been so long since I sent out a message to you all that it seems as though I have dropped off the face of the earth! Forgive me...

Actually, I've been working hard to try and secure permission to hold the first ever Walk For Skin here in Trinidad at the end of June... The aim is to raise awareness and bring attention to the people suffering with skin diseases who need a voice and a show of support for their ordeal... There has never been an event held purely for skin in Trinidad & Tobago so this will be a little bit of history in the making!

I have created a donation page where I managed to raise over 800 British pounds last year when I completed the Walk For Skin in London... This year I know a lot more people and I have set my target at 1000 pounds, which will go towards funding for research and support, cures and treatments for skin diseases within the British Skin Foundation and of course, the Vitiligo society...

I appreciate every bit of support you have given me in this past year, believe that :) Every message of thanks, hope & support has been read and now I would like to invite you to help me give back to people who are enduring similar experiences in their lives. A donation as little as 1 pound will go a long way, especially if each of my friends make a small donation, the target will easily be met and make a HUGE difference. In my opinion, we can pull together and raise a whole lot more than that...

I know a lot of people sit back and think that someone else will do it, but
it takes each person individually to make a collective difference! Please help me help others by heading to the following link and giving whatever you can (no matter how little!)


http://www.justgiving.com/ddevlugt

Thanks once again and Be Blessed Always,
xx
Darcel

1 comment:

  1. I have read newpaper articles about you here in Trinidad, about your struggles growing up with viltiligo,as well as your talents as a fashion designer and let me tell you Ms. Darcel, you are truly an inspiration !

    Of course there would have low points in your life, but you have shown strength in acknowledging who you are, your skin disorder and standing firm by saying... So What if i have Vitiligo! We as humans are cruel creatures and i can't imagine what you went through as a young person growing up with a skin disorder which you had no completely no control over.

    I salute you for your courage and i'm impressed by your drive, even as i read this post on your efforts in trying to raise funds for Walk for Skin here at home in Trinidad. And you are indeed right, this has never happened here, and most people don't even know or understand what skin diseases are..so thank you for wanting to bring this to our attention, to make us aware.Being informed goes a long way, because sadly there are many misinformed and ignorant people walking around.

    I may not have have a serious skin disease but i know that making others aware,and having someone stand up for those who do have a skin disorders is truly a remarkable thing. You have my support!


    Jolisa Brewster

    ReplyDelete